Chess is becoming a more and more popular program for children both in school and out of school as parents and educators see how learning chess can help children develop critical thinking skills and other positive academic and non-academic abilities.
Armenian Educational & Research Group classes are a fun, rewarding and engaging experience for children to learn chess in a focused classroom setting. Our certified and experienced chess coaches work with students to develop not only their chess skills, but also how to apply lessons from the game to how they face challenges in their own lives.
Chess helps teach children critical thinking skills, to plan ahead, and to think before they act. Children learn to see patterns, solve problems and be more deliberate. Some studies show that children that play chess do better in math and reading skills. In chess you win and you lose and you have to be competitive and you learn that having an opponent is OK.
Here are the main benefits to learn chess:
- Playing the game of Chess on a regular basis right from the childhood improves the learning, thinking, analytical power, and decision-making ability of the child.
- Chess makes the child learn how to strategize aspects of the game and life. In addition, a child can also learn the importance of foresight, and planning.
- Playing the game of Chess on a regular basis right from the childhood teaches the importance of being disciplined in life.
- Practicing Chess regularly also aids in improving the self-confidence of the child, which is extremely essential for the child’s growth.
- In the game of chess, a child learns to do a thorough analysis, research, and assessment of the situation before making any decision. Such an exercise provides mental clarity to the child. Mental clarity and mental dexterity is required for solving problems, analyze consequences, and formulate future tactics.
- Children playing chess from an early age exhibit extraordinary memory skills.
- Chess also helps in improving concentration and academic performance of the child.
On a whole, playing the game of chess is essential for transforming a child into a responsible, disciplined, and wise human being.