For children, Armenian Educational & Research Group offers age-appropriate classes in the fine arts. Through a dedicated faculty of art educators and professional artists, the Center provides art instruction that encourages children’s self-expression while promoting mastery of a variety of mediums and materials. ArmERG center offers instruction to students of varying abilities in a supportive learning environment.
Help your children develop skills in the arts, experience the power of creative expression, build confidence, and explore their interests, all in a fun and supportive environment!
We offer a variety of art classes for the artist in every child. A number of classes are offered for every interest and skill level in a broad range of media, including traditional media such as drawing, painting, and ceramics, and new media such as digital video and stop-motion animation.
Because classes are taught by highly trained professional artist instructors with limited group sizes, students of all ages receive individualized attention.
In our children’s art classes, we emphasize process-oriented, explorative art making. We believe strongly that children need hands-on art experiences that excite their imagination, curiosity and creativity.
Our goal is to develop dynamic, creative thinkers while fostering joy for arts and self-expression. Our philosophy is simple: we believe in process over product and that what occurs during the act of art-making is paramount. We balance an approach that invites students to discover and problem solve, while being challenged with age-appropriate curriculum, grounded in educational best practices.
We are passionate about the essential role arts play in learning, life and community and strive to provide relevant, fun, educational and community-building programs that meet the needs of our students and families!
Here are some of the benefits of Art classes for children:
- Your child learns to think creatively, with an open mind
- Your child learns to observe and describe, analyze and interpret
- Your child learns to express feelings, with or without words.
- Your child practices problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Your child learns to collaborate with other children and with adults
- Arts introduce children to cultures from around the world
- Arts build confidence. Because there is not just one right way to make art, every child can feel pride in his or her original artistic creations.
Arts build community. Schools with a variety of differences can celebrate the arts as one community.